Cavanaugh STEAM Elementary
Join us in 'Cougar Country'!
What is STEAM?
STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
Students at Cavanaugh STEAM Magnet School are immersed in a hands-on, project-based learning environment that embraces today’s high-tech tools and the best of traditional learning strategies.
Students are constantly challenged to inquire and explore through projects that encourage true innovation.
Cavanaugh Elementary School’s purpose is to effectively educate all students so they acquire the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and responsibilities needed to be productive members of an ever-changing society. The goal of the staff, parents and school community is to promote and ensure that each individual may achieve educational excellence, in a caring and collaborative environment.
What makes Cavanaugh special?
- State-of-the-art technology in STEAM Learning Lab to provide a flexible environment that facilitates project based learning.
- Art integration across all grade levels to enhance student learning of core curriculum.
- Discovery Education’s Techbook and video streaming fully integrate video, text, audio and writing to deepen student understanding.
- Official Michigan Green School, with expanded STEAM-themed efforts in recycling, and energy to create students who are mindful of their impact on other living things.
- A variety of extracurricular activities including robotics, engineering, gardening and healthy kids clubs are offered to enrich the student experience.