Home of the Cougars
At Cumberland Elementary School the staff, parents, and community will provide an environment in which our students will learn social and academic skills. We acknowledge the holistic nature of the individual child and will provide the assistance to help overcome conditions which may impede the child's progress.
John Dewey, an early leader in educational reform, often expressed that what the best and wisest parents want for their own child, the community must want for all its children.
What do you want for YOUR child?
At Lansing’s Cumberland Elementary School we ask ourselves that question every day. It has guided us in creating a school that reflects the hopes that all parents have for their children.
- Cumberland ENGAGES the youngest student. Cumberland is not only a K-3 building, but offers the award-winning Great Start Readiness Program - a free, full day preschool program for 4 year olds.
- Cumberland EXCELS in instruction. We collaborate on best practices, utilize assistive technologies, and commit to professional development that broadens our teaching skills.
- Cumberland EMBRACES diversity. We teach consideration and show our children how to be more accepting of one another as they grow to be neighbors in a multi-cultural society.
- Cumberland ENCOURAGES the potential in each child. We show our students how to realize their possibilities. We coach for character and require every student to be safe, respectful, and responsible.
- Cumberland EXPECTS students to succeed. Children live up to what we believe them capable of doing and there are few schools which have solicited as many community partnerships to support our kids.
September 22, 2016
Michigan Archaeology Day on Oct. 1 - Free Event for Families
September 21, 2016
Parent Community Advisory Council (PCAC) Meeting on 9/27/16
September 2, 2016
2016-17 Student Code of Conduct Available Online
August 18, 2016