Office Phone: 517 755 -1310
Fax: 517 755 -1319
Address: 815 North Fairview Avenue Lansing, MI 48912
Janice Marchal - Principal
Roxann Ellis - Secretary
8:10 a.m. - 3:31 p.m.
Half day 8:10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Late Start Wednesday 10:20 a.m. - 3:31 p.m.
https://www.mobymax.com/signin - The school code is MI1279
Mrs. Norris - http://fairview2ndgrade.weebly.com/
Ms. Blair - http://fairview2ndgrade.weebly.com/
Fairview STEM Magnet School
We are the Falcons - an award winning magnet school!
The Fairview staff in partnership with parents and community is dedicated to educating our children intellectually, socially and emotionally, therefore, empowering them to become responsible citizens, lifelong learners and positive contributors to our ever-changing community and world.
Engaging students at a young age in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math builds a foundation for inquisitiveness and innovation for future success in today’s swiftly changing world.
At Fairview STEM Magnet School, students will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to become the thinkers and problem solvers of the future.
What is STEM?
STEM helps students understand how the academic principles of science, technology, engineering and mathematics impact their world and prepares them for a successful life as a global citizen.
What makes Fairview special?
- Fairview uses Project Based Learning curriculum through Project Lead the Way (PLTW) and Engineering is Elementary (EiE) to foster skills for STEM related careers.
- We supplement state standards with high interest, engineering design challenges.
- Students are engaged in field experiences that expand and deepen understanding of concepts.
- After-school robotics, science, math, and fitness clubs engage students outside of traditional school hours.
- Our STEM Lab provides technology infused learning with a hands on approach - a true 21st century learning experience.
- Our school is the recipient of the 2016 Program Excellence Award, which is given out by the International Technology and Engineering Education Association.
Our school is the recipient of the 2016 School of Distinction, which is given out by the Magnet Schools of America.
|‹ April 2017 ›|
Title IX - Sex Discrimination/Gender Equity/Sexual Harassment
What is Title IX?
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any District program, service or activity including, but not limited to: educational programs or activities, e.g., extracurricular activities, student services, academic counseling, discipline, classroom assignment, grading, athletics, transportation, etc.
Unlawful Discriminatory Practices Under Title IX
Sexual Harassment (unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature)
Sexual Misconduct/Violence (rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual exploitation and other forms of nonconsensual sexual activity)
Stalking (repeatedly following, harassing, threatening or intimidating including by telephone, mail, electronic communication or social media)
Retaliation (adverse academic or other actions against anyone reporting or participating in an investigation of Title IX allegations)
Reporting Prohibited Behavior
Members of the school district community who believe that a Title IX violation may have occurred, should discuss their concerns and/or file a complaint with the District’s Title IX coordinator(s).
Dr. Mark Coscarella
Ms. Suzy Corbin
Assistant Director, Human Resources
You may also report any form of sexual misconduct to the Public Safety Department:
Ms. Cordelia Black
Director of Public Safety