Forest View Elementary
PreK-3 - Come Grow with Us
The vision of Forest View is to create a nurturing environment that supports the unique learning needs of the PreK-3rd grade child. We help young children to understand themselves better and discover the world around them by integrating foundational academic skills within the context of environmental education.
Forest View is Going Back to Our Roots
Forest View School has partnered with community organizations to bring learning back outside to nature and bring nature inside the classroom. With the help of the State of Michigan’s Department of Natural Resources, our children will be extending their learning to such settings as our own backyard, nature centers, zoos, museums, and parks.
We will continue to provide our children with excellent instruction in core areas like math and literacy by creating a multi-sensory, interactive and enriched learning environment. Our environmental education emphasis will transform our children into stewards for the environment. This will help them develop an excitement about school and a growing curiosity about the world around them.
Students at Forest View Will:
- Engage in scientific inquiry
- Be active
- Enjoy the outdoors
What Makes Forest View Special?
- Outdoor Education Field Trips at all grade levels: Fenner Nature Center, MSU Collaborative Classrooms, Annie’s Big Nature Lesson
- MI Department of Natural Resources-Adopted School
- Growing Up Wild: Exploring Nature with Young Children Curriculum
- Camp Forest View: Monthly Integrated Environmental Ed integrated units for cross-grade student collaboration.
- Community Garden with Capital Area Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- School-wide Recycling Program
- Official Michigan Green School
- Character Counts! Programming for all students
- Healthy Smiles dental program
- Read to Succeed tutoring
- Forest View Navigators
Mrs. Balanowski's students on an Earth Day nature walk.