Kendon Elementary School
Kendon Elementary School is a caring community school where students spend an abundant amount of time constructing, exploring and experiencing their world. We believe students can learn how to become the best that they can be when students view themselves as writers, readers, mathematicians, scientists, engineers, artists and so much more.
Students are engaged in academic and discovery lessons with many community partnerships where they make personal connections; take part of meaningful projects that bring excitement to their learning. We believe that each child has unique strengths and learning styles that can be used to benefit his or her learning achievement.
Great Happens at Kendon Each and Every Day!
Kendon students support each other daily through our “Bucket Filling” program. Students learn that by helping and encouraging others, they support themselves and live happier lives. This is an integral part of our school culture where everyone is valued.
Kendon uses the Leader in Me process. What is the Leader in Me?
- Empowers students to thrive in the 21st Century.
- Uses the framework of the “7 Habits of Highly Successful People “ in a school program to develop independence, collaboration and become reflective learners.
- Based on the premise that every child possesses unique strengths and has the ability to utilize those to the fullest.
- Students become active participants in their own learning and monitor their academic progress daily.
What Makes Kendon Special?
- Caring and supportive teachers support high academic and behavior standards that lead all students to experience individual success.
- Parents as Partners in our school environment with an active PTO.
- Student recognition for academics, behavior and attendance.
- School Choir.
- Little Free Library for the school and community.
- Technology is utilized daily to enhance the students’ learning environment to foster preparation for the future.