Willow Lions Academy is aligned with the Lansing School District’s Mission, Vision and Belief Statements for college and career readiness.
Willow Vision: Willow will promote a positive, progressive and collaborative single gender classroom learning community that embraces change and diversity where every student will acquire the skills needed to succeed in secondary education and in the workplace.
Willow Mission: It is the mission of Willow Academy to provide educational excellence in a safe and nurturing environment for all students.
What Makes Willow Special?
Our school will provide specialized curricular opportunities, in addition to common core, for all students that will include:
- Emphasis on building character and resiliency
- Exposure to creativity
- Emphasis on motivating students and their peers to succeed
Our school will also provide opportunities for Pre-k to 3rd Grade students to:
- Explore their interests and talents with an eye on the Common Core
- Interact with a range of role models
- Build emotional I.Q.
- Promote active learning
- Address gender issues head on
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Great Start Readiness Program
- Emotionally Impaired Special Education Program
Willow Lions Pride!
- After School Tutoring
- Read to Succeed
- Watch Dogs
- AmeriCorp Reading Program
- Gardening Clubs
- Junior Achievement
- Perfect Paws
- Student of the Month
- Family Fun Night
- Volunteer Recognition Banquet