PreK - 3 Home of the Lions
Willow Elementary is aligned with the Lansing School District’s Mission, Vision and Belief Statements for college and career readiness.
Willow has discontinued offering single-sex classes for the 2017-2018 school year, and that if it determines to offer single-sex classes or activities in the future, it will ensure that the classes or activities meet the legal requirements of the Title IX regulation at 34 C.F.R. § 106.34(b).
Willow Vision: Willow will promote a positive, progressive classroom learning community that embraces change and diversity where every student will acquire the skills needed to succeed in secondary education and in the workplace.
Willow Mission: It is the mission of Willow Elementary to provide educational excellence in a safe and nurturing environment for all students.
What Makes Willow Special?
Our school will provide specialized curricular opportunities, in addition to common core, for all students that will include:
- Emphasis on building character and resiliency
- Exposure to creativity
- Emphasis on motivating students and their peers to succeed
Our school will also provide opportunities for Pre-k to 3rd Grade students to:
- Explore their interests and talents with an eye on the Common Core
- Interact with a range of role models
- Build emotional I.Q.
- Promote active learning
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Great Start Readiness Program
- Emotionally Impaired Special Education Program
Willow Lions Pride!
- After School Tutoring
- Read to Succeed
- Watch Dogs
- AmeriCorp Reading Program
- Gardening Clubs
- Junior Achievement
- Perfect Paws
- Student of the Month
- Family Fun Night
- Volunteer Recognition Banquet