2+2+2 Engineering Program
2+2+2 Engineering Program is six-year educational program for Lansing School District high school students who are interested in pursuing a career in engineering. Beginning in their junior year of high school at Sexton, Eastern, or Everett, students will complete two years in high school. They will then be admitted to LCC’s Pre-Engineering Program for two years. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be admitted to the MSU College of Engineering.
- Full tuition scholarship
- Two years at LCC and two years at MSU.
- Support Services during the program
- After school and/or Saturday special events at LCC/MSU or in the community
- Visits to local firms which employ engineers and/or classroom visits from engineers.
If a student fulfills the academic requirements of the 2+2+2 Engineering Program contract:
- The student is guaranteed admission to LCC in pre-engineering and then to the MSU College of Engineering.
- The Scholarship Incentive Plan carries a tuition and fees stipend for the four years of the colleges’ undergraduate program: the first two years at LCC and the last two years at MSU. The award may be part of a regular financial aid award, and students will be assisted in applying for any relevant aid. Scholarship aid will be awarded for students who may not be eligible for financial aid.
To successfully fulfill the contract, a student must:
- Enroll in the appropriate courses
- Attend classes and special activities at least 90% of the time
- Maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average to remain in the 2+2+2 Engineering Program
By fulfilling the terms of the contract:
- LCC and MSU will invite the student to participate after graduation, and
- Students will retain the right to attend any college of their choice, should they be accepted; however, the guarantee of financial assistance only applies to LCC/MSU.