Office: 517 755-1210
Fax: 517 755-1219
Attendance Hotline - Absence Reporting: 517 755-1215
Address: 915 Attwood Drive, Lansing, MI 48911
Sharon Pease - Principal
Vera McKinney - Secretary
8:30 a.m. first bell
8:35 a.m. tardy bell
3:56 p.m. dismissal
Late Start Wednesday
10:40 a.m. first bell
10:45 a.m. tardy bell
3:56 p.m. dismissal
11:55 a.m. dismissal
Attwood School prepares and inspires students through experiential learning to successfully gain knowledge and compete in a global society. We offer students opportunities to learn and apply creative and critical thinking skills through various experiences in academic, social, and after school clubs.
We believe that all Attwood Students can learn and grow, and each student will set goals and monitor their individual growth. At Attwood we also support and encourage students to communicate effectively and develop leadership skills.
What makes Attwood special?
- Attwood creates a warm caring learning environment for students, parents and the community.
- Real world experiences are used to enhance our curriculum like participation in: Annie’s Big Nature Lesson, The Big History Lesson, presentations from Board of Water and Light, Consumer’s Energy, and CASE Credit Union.
- Building relationships with our families through Family Math Night, Tailgate Party, Literacy Night and our Science Fair.
- Unique learning opportunities engage our students: Tiger’s Choose Days, Ukulele class, learning Japanese, Recycling Program, Student Council, Project Unify Team, and PALS.
- Technology is integrated into our students’ classroom through iPads, laptops, projectors and staffed computer lab.
|‹ May 2017 ›|
Lansing Lugnuts: Lansing School District Night! 7:05 PM to 10:05 PMLansing Lugnuts: Lansing School District Night!May 57:05 PM to 10:05 PMCooley Law School Stadium, 505 E Michigan Ave, Lansing, MI 48912Attwood Elementary
Lugnuts vs. Burlington Bees — Friday, May 5th @ 7:05pm
• For Parents, Students, and Staff of the Lansing School District
• Kids 12 and under will receive a voucher for a FREE hot dog, chips, and drink!
• Postgame LAFCU Firework Show!
• Be entered for a chance to throw out the first pitch or 2 FREE Lugnuts tickets
Order Deadline: Wednesday, May 3rd
To order your tickets online go to The Lugnuts website and click on the Lansing School District link! OR fill out the order form attached.
Late Start WednesdayMay 10Attwood Elementary
Late Start WednesdayMay 17Attwood Elementary
Late Start WednesdayMay 24Attwood Elementary
1/2 Day - Elementary OnlyMay 26Attwood Elementary
Memorial Day - No School All gradesMay 29Attwood Elementary
Late Start WednesdayMay 31Attwood Elementary
Title IX - Sex Discrimination/Gender Equity/Sexual Harassment
What is Title IX?
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any District program, service or activity including, but not limited to: educational programs or activities, e.g., extracurricular activities, student services, academic counseling, discipline, classroom assignment, grading, athletics, transportation, etc.
Unlawful Discriminatory Practices Under Title IX
Sexual Harassment (unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature)
Sexual Misconduct/Violence (rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual exploitation and other forms of nonconsensual sexual activity)
Stalking (repeatedly following, harassing, threatening or intimidating including by telephone, mail, electronic communication or social media)
Retaliation (adverse academic or other actions against anyone reporting or participating in an investigation of Title IX allegations)
Reporting Prohibited Behavior
Members of the school district community who believe that a Title IX violation may have occurred, should discuss their concerns and/or file a complaint with the District’s Title IX coordinator(s).
Dr. Mark Coscarella
Ms. Suzy Corbin
Assistant Director, Human Resources
You may also report any form of sexual misconduct to the Public Safety Department:
Ms. Cordelia Black
Director of Public Safety