PreK-3 Home of the ROCKETS!
Rocket Learner Beliefs:
- Respect is a verb we work to show in all the things we do, think and say.
- Enthusiasm is an important part of our learning each and every day!
- Open to exploring the power of yet because we believe in the growth mindset!
We believe that each child has special abilities, potential, strength and creativity which makes all learners at Reo successful. Students’ individual needs and success come first at Reo. Students will gain skill and the knowledge necessary to become lifelong learners and unique problem solvers.
As students, teachers, and parents partner together, our students will gain key literacy and math skills. We believe we are #bettertogether. The ideal Reo graduate is reading to learn!
Our students acquire skills such as vocabulary development, making reading connections, and math problem- solving skills.
Reo students also learn and develop important social skills. Our school CRPBIS team meets monthly to review, reflect and develop school wide pacing of our Reo Learner Beliefs (respect, enthusiasm and open minded). Parents are a vital voice at these meetings and help us understand our students best.
2021-22 School Year
8:55 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
Half day 8:55 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
- School is released at 3:50 p.m. Early pick-ups should be prearranged by calling the main office at 517-755-1620.
- In order to safely share the road during drop off/pick up time, we let students out on the curb closest to the school, do not park, school staff will assist! The left lane is for passing only, it is unsafe to let students out of the car from the passing lane.
- Students should leave school provided water bottles at school or remember to bring them back daily.
- Thank you for always committing to wear masks inside our school building, no matter your vaccination status.
|Previous October 2021 Next|
No School - PD DayDate: Oct 20Calendar: Reo School Calendar
Reo - Good News Club 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMReo - Good News ClubDate: Oct 21Time: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMCalendar: Reo School Calendar
(PCAC) Parent Community Advisory Council Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM(PCAC) Parent Community Advisory Council MeetingDate: Oct 27Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMLocation: Cavanaugh | 300 W. Cavanaugh Rd.Cost: FreeCalendar: Reo School Calendar
The Parent Community Advisory Committee (PCAC) meeting will be held Wednesday, October 27, 2021 from 6:00P.M. to 8:00P.M. at Cavanaugh, 300 W. Cavanaugh Rd. Free dinner and childcare will be provided. The discussion will focus on Universal Preschool and Capital Area K-12 Online.
Reo - Good News Club 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMReo - Good News ClubDate: Oct 28Time: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMCalendar: Reo School Calendar
Title IX - Sex Discrimination/Gender Equity/Sexual Harassment
What is Title IX?
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any District program, service or activity including, but not limited to: educational programs or activities, e.g., extracurricular activities, student services, academic counseling, discipline, classroom assignment, grading, athletics, transportation, etc.
Unlawful Discriminatory Practices Under Title IX
Sexual Harassment (unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature)
Sexual Misconduct/Violence (rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual exploitation and other forms of non-consensual sexual activity)
Stalking (repeatedly following, harassing, threatening or intimidating including by telephone, mail, electronic communication or social media)
Retaliation (adverse academic or other actions against anyone reporting or participating in an investigation of Title IX allegations)
Reporting Prohibited Behavior
Members of the school district community who believe that a Title IX violation may have occurred, should discuss their concerns and/or file a complaint with the District’s Title IX coordinator:
- If you are a district employee and would like to report prohibited behavior, please fill out the form on the Lansing School District Prohibited Behavior Internal Reporting Portal. (You must be logged into your Office 365 account.)
Michael E. Jones
Title IX Coordinator
You may also report any form of sexual misconduct to:
Mr. Bruce Lankheet
Department of Public Safety Coordinator