Office: 517 755-1360
Fax: 517 755-1369
401 East Gier Street
Lansing, MI 48906
Chris Cadogan - Principal
Joyce Barker - Secretary
2020-21 School Year
8:35 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Half day 8:35 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.
Useful Links & Documents
Gier Park School
PreK-3 Home of the Giraffes
We Are Gier Park
Our Mission is to create a school climate in which all students will develop a positive self image, become self directed learners, master grade level skills and objectives, engage in higher order thinking skills, and demonstrate being responsible citizens.
Gier Park specializes in developmental reading strategies, anchored in the common core. We take struggling readers, providing additional differentiated support, and building confident readers. Students at Gier Park receive balanced literacy in a dynamic small group setting from highly qualified teachers.
Gier Park Academics
- Great Start Readiness Program(PreK)
- PreK to K Transition Days
- Moving Up Days, Family Fun Nights, Curriculum Nights
- Classroom to Classroom Reading Buddies, REM: Reading EVERY Month, and Read to Succeed
- 1 to 1 Tutoring & Assessment and Push-In Resource Teacher
- Computer Lab, laptop cart, iPads in the classroom
- Junior Achievement
Student Incentive Programs
- HUGs: Check In/Check Out Program
- Bucket Fillers Weekly Drawing
- Student Leadership Board
What makes Gier Park Special?
- Technology in every classroom.
- Community Partnerships that support our teachers, students and greater Gier Park community
- Building Healthy Communities Grant and Healthy Kids Club after school program.
- “Giraffe Days” offering fun activities centered around life skills - cooking, crafting, and social interaction.
- Full-time volunteers supporting our teachers and students with experienced instruction and supervision within the classroom setting.
- Healthy Kids Club
- Weekend Survival Kit
Gier Park Calendar
|‹ November 2020 ›|
LansingSAVE Night 2020 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMLansingSAVE Night 2020Date: Nov 24Time: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMLocation: OnlineCalendar: Gier Park School Calendar
Lansing School District Parents/Guardians (K-6):
Join us for our annual Lansing SAVE Night to kick off the 2020-2021 Lansing SAVE program! This event will be a live, virtual informational event about Lansing SAVE and will have representatives from the community and school district. Lansing SAVE includes all students in the Lansing School District from grades K-6, and is a savings account that helps students save for college/post-secondary education as well as provide financial education to the students throughout their time at Lansing schools. One of the best parts — it’s absolutely free! Have questions before the event? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there.
Register here - https://buff.ly/2Jv2jeP
No School - Thanksgiving BreakDate: Nov 25Calendar: Gier Park School Calendar
No School - Thanksgiving BreakDate: Nov 26Calendar: Gier Park School Calendar
No School - Thanksgiving BreakDate: Nov 27Calendar: Gier Park School Calendar
Parent University - How Can I Get Involved at School 5:30 PM to 6:30 PMParent University - How Can I Get Involved at SchoolDate: Dec 1Time: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PMLocation: Online WebinarCost: FreeCalendar: Gier Park School Calendar
PCAC Meeting (Parent Community Advisory Council) 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMPCAC Meeting (Parent Community Advisory Council)Date: Dec 1Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMLocation: Online via ZoomCost: FreeCalendar: Gier Park School Calendar
Career Preparation/Fire Science Academy/Adult Education
PCAC Leadership Election
Follow Us on Social Media
Gier Park News
Title IX - Sex Discrimination/Gender Equity/Sexual Harassment
What is Title IX?
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any District program, service or activity including, but not limited to: educational programs or activities, e.g., extracurricular activities, student services, academic counseling, discipline, classroom assignment, grading, athletics, transportation, etc.
Unlawful Discriminatory Practices Under Title IX
Sexual Harassment (unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature)
Sexual Misconduct/Violence (rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual exploitation and other forms of non-consensual sexual activity)
Stalking (repeatedly following, harassing, threatening or intimidating including by telephone, mail, electronic communication or social media)
Retaliation (adverse academic or other actions against anyone reporting or participating in an investigation of Title IX allegations)
Reporting Prohibited Behavior
Members of the school district community who believe that a Title IX violation may have occurred, should discuss their concerns and/or file a complaint with the District’s Title IX coordinator:
- If you are a district employee and would like to report prohibited behavior, please fill out the form on the Lansing School District Prohibited Behavior Internal Reporting Portal. (You must be logged into your Office 365 account.)
Michael E. Jones
Title IX Coordinator
You may also report any form of sexual misconduct to:
Dr. Camela Diaz
Associate Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
Mr. Bruce Lankheet
Department of Public Safety Coordinator