Forest View Elementary
PreK-3 - Come Grow with Us
The vision of Forest View is to create a nurturing environment that supports the unique learning needs of the PreK-3rd grade child. We help young children to understand themselves better and discover the world around them by integrating foundational academic skills within the context of environmental education.
Forest View is Going Back to Our Roots
Forest View School has partnered with community organizations to bring learning back outside to nature and bring nature inside the classroom. With the help of the State of Michigan’s Department of Natural Resources, our children will be extending their learning to such settings as our own backyard, nature centers, zoos, museums, and parks.
We will continue to provide our children with excellent instruction in core areas like math and literacy by creating a multi-sensory, interactive and enriched learning environment. Our environmental education emphasis will transform our children into stewards for the environment. This will help them develop an excitement about school and a growing curiosity about the world around them.
Students at Forest View Will:
- Engage in scientific inquiry
- Be active
- Enjoy the outdoors
What Makes Forest View Special?
- Outdoor Education Field Trips at all grade levels: Fenner Nature Center, MSU Collaborative Classrooms, Annie’s Big Nature Lesson
- MI Department of Natural Resources-Adopted School
- Growing Up Wild: Exploring Nature with Young Children Curriculum
- Camp Forest View: Monthly Integrated Environmental Ed integrated units for cross-grade student collaboration.
- Community Garden with Capital Area Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- School-wide Recycling Program
- Official Michigan Green School
- Character Counts! Programming for all students
- Healthy Smiles dental program
- Read to Succeed tutoring
- Forest View Navigators
Contact Forest View
2022-23 School Year
8:55 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
Half day 8:55 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
First Day of School - K-12, ECSEDate: Aug 29Calendar: Forest View School Calendar
Half Day - All GradesDate: Sep 1Calendar: Forest View School Calendar
No SchoolDate: Sep 2Calendar: Forest View School Calendar
No School - Labor DayDate: Sep 5Calendar: Forest View School Calendar
Preschool Classes StartDate: Sep 14Calendar: Forest View School Calendar
2022-23 Bell Times
Final Lansing Pathway Promise Bond Update
2021 Spring Bond Updates
Title IX - Sex Discrimination/Gender Equity/Sexual Harassment
What is Title IX?
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any District program, service or activity including, but not limited to: educational programs or activities, e.g., extracurricular activities, student services, academic counseling, discipline, classroom assignment, grading, athletics, transportation, etc.
Unlawful Discriminatory Practices Under Title IX
Sexual Harassment (unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature)
Sexual Misconduct/Violence (rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual exploitation and other forms of non-consensual sexual activity)
Stalking (repeatedly following, harassing, threatening or intimidating including by telephone, mail, electronic communication or social media)
Retaliation (adverse academic or other actions against anyone reporting or participating in an investigation of Title IX allegations)
Reporting Prohibited Behavior
Members of the school district community who believe that a Title IX violation may have occurred, should discuss their concerns and/or file a complaint with the District’s Title IX coordinator:
- If you are a district employee and would like to report prohibited behavior, please fill out the form on the Lansing School District Prohibited Behavior Internal Reporting Portal. (You must be logged into your Office 365 account.)
Title IX Coordinator
Title IX Compliance Officer
Title IX concerns can also be mailed to:
Lansing School District
519 West Kalamazoo
Lansing, MI 48933