Gier Park School
PreK-3 Home of the Giraffes
Our Mission is to create a school climate in which all students will develop a positive self image, become self directed learners, master grade level skills and objectives, engage in higher order thinking skills, and demonstrate being responsible citizens.
Gier Park specializes in developmental reading strategies, anchored in the common core. We take struggling readers, providing additional differentiated support, and building confident readers. Students at Gier Park receive balanced literacy in a dynamic small group setting from highly qualified teachers.
Gier Park Academics
- Great Start Readiness Program(PreK)
- PreK to K Transition Days
- Moving Up Days, Family Fun Nights, Curriculum Nights
- Classroom to Classroom Reading Buddies, REM: Reading EVERY Month, and Read to Succeed
- 1 to 1 Tutoring & Assessment and Push-In Resource Teacher
- Computer Lab, laptop cart, iPads in the classroom
- Junior Achievement
Student Incentive Programs
- HUGs: Check In/Check Out Program
- Bucket Fillers Weekly Drawing
- Student Leadership Board
What makes Gier Park Special?
- Technology in every classroom.
- Community Partnerships that support our teachers, students and greater Gier Park community
- Building Healthy Communities Grant and Healthy Kids Club after school program.
- “Giraffe Days” offering fun activities centered around life skills - cooking, crafting, and social interaction.
- Full-time volunteers supporting our teachers and students with experienced instruction and supervision within the classroom setting.
- Healthy Kids Club
- Weekend Survival Kit
Contact Gier Park
|Previous January 2022 Next|
No School - Martin Luther King Jr. DayDate: Jan 17Calendar: Gier Park School Calendar
(PCAC) Parent Community Advisory Council Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM(PCAC) Parent Community Advisory Council MeetingDate: Jan 26Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMLocation: Post Oak | 2320 Post Oak Ln.Cost: FreeCalendar: Gier Park School Calendar
The Parent Community Advisory Committee (PCAC) meeting will be held Wednesday, January 26, 2022 from 6:00P.M. to 8:00P.M. at Post Oak, 2320 Post Oak Ln. Free dinner and childcare will be provided. The discussion will focus on Discipline and Conflict Resolution.
No School - PD DayDate: Feb 2Calendar: Gier Park School Calendar
SEAB - Sexual Education Advisory Board 8:30 AM to 11:30 AMSEAB - Sexual Education Advisory BoardDate: Feb 9Time: 8:30 AM to 11:30 AMLocation: Online via ZoomCost: FreeCalendar: Gier Park School Calendar
Zoom meeting link - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87863026449?pwd=VmV2NVZrREZ4ZkE5d1cyRW52cE9Zdz09
No School - Presidents' DayDate: Feb 21Calendar: Gier Park School Calendar
The Bright Side Newsletter - November 2021
The Bright Side Newsletter - October, 2021
PCAC Meetings for 2021-2022
2021-2022 Student Handbook
Title IX - Sex Discrimination/Gender Equity/Sexual Harassment
What is Title IX?
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any District program, service or activity including, but not limited to: educational programs or activities, e.g., extracurricular activities, student services, academic counseling, discipline, classroom assignment, grading, athletics, transportation, etc.
Unlawful Discriminatory Practices Under Title IX
Sexual Harassment (unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature)
Sexual Misconduct/Violence (rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual exploitation and other forms of non-consensual sexual activity)
Stalking (repeatedly following, harassing, threatening or intimidating including by telephone, mail, electronic communication or social media)
Retaliation (adverse academic or other actions against anyone reporting or participating in an investigation of Title IX allegations)
Reporting Prohibited Behavior
Members of the school district community who believe that a Title IX violation may have occurred, should discuss their concerns and/or file a complaint with the District’s Title IX coordinator:
- If you are a district employee and would like to report prohibited behavior, please fill out the form on the Lansing School District Prohibited Behavior Internal Reporting Portal. (You must be logged into your Office 365 account.)
Michael E. Jones
Title IX Coordinator
You may also report any form of sexual misconduct to:
Mr. Bruce Lankheet
Department of Public Safety Coordinator