PreK-3 Home of the Cougars
At Cumberland Elementary School the staff, parents, and community will provide an environment in which our students will learn social and academic skills. We acknowledge the holistic nature of the individual child and will provide the assistance to help overcome conditions which may impede the child's progress.
John Dewey, an early leader in educational reform, often expressed that what the best and wisest parents want for their own child, the community must want for all its children.
What do you want for YOUR child?
At Lansing’s Cumberland Elementary School we ask ourselves that question every day. It has guided us in creating a school that reflects the hopes that all parents have for their children.
Cumberland ENGAGES the youngest student. Cumberland is not only a K-3 building, but offers the award-winning Great Start Readiness Program - a free, full day preschool program for 4-year-olds.
- Cumberland EXCELS in instruction. We collaborate on best practices, utilize assistive technologies, and commit to professional development that broadens our teaching skills.
- Cumberland EMBRACES diversity. We teach consideration and show our children how to be more accepting of one another as they grow to be neighbors in a multi-cultural society.
- Cumberland ENCOURAGES the potential in each child. We show our students how to realize their possibilities. We coach for character and require every student to be safe, respectful, and responsible.
- Cumberland EXPECTS students to succeed. Children live up to what we believe them capable of doing and there are few schools which have solicited as many community partnerships to support our kids
2021-22 School Year
8:55 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
Half day 8:55 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
Lansing School District Student Handbook
2022-23 At-A-Glance School Year Calendar
2022-23 Fall Open House Flyer
Cumberland Rack Card
Parent and Family Engagement Plan
Cumberland Walk Boundary
Cumberland Open House 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMCumberland Open HouseDate: Aug 25Time: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMCost: FreeCalendar: Cumberland School Calendar
Thursday, August 25, 2022 from 5-6 pm
- Meet your teacher!
- See your classroom!
- Tour the school!
Principal Mrs. Rusesky and Cumberland teachers hope to see you there!
Any questions? Call 517-755-1280 or email email@example.com
Half Day - Kindergarten OnlyDate: Aug 30Calendar: Cumberland School Calendar
Half Day - Kindergarten OnlyDate: Aug 31Calendar: Cumberland School Calendar
Half Day - All GradesDate: Sep 1Calendar: Cumberland School Calendar
Final Lansing Pathway Promise Bond Update
2021 Spring Bond Updates
Lansing School District Board of Education Takes Historic Action Against Racism
Title IX - Sex Discrimination/Gender Equity/Sexual Harassment
What is Title IX?
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any District program, service or activity including, but not limited to: educational programs or activities, e.g., extracurricular activities, student services, academic counseling, discipline, classroom assignment, grading, athletics, transportation, etc.
Unlawful Discriminatory Practices Under Title IX
Sexual Harassment (unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature)
Sexual Misconduct/Violence (rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual exploitation and other forms of non-consensual sexual activity)
Stalking (repeatedly following, harassing, threatening or intimidating including by telephone, mail, electronic communication or social media)
Retaliation (adverse academic or other actions against anyone reporting or participating in an investigation of Title IX allegations)
Reporting Prohibited Behavior
Members of the school district community who believe that a Title IX violation may have occurred, should discuss their concerns and/or file a complaint with the District’s Title IX coordinator:
- If you are a district employee and would like to report prohibited behavior, please fill out the form on the Lansing School District Prohibited Behavior Internal Reporting Portal. (You must be logged into your Office 365 account.)
Michael E. Jones
Title IX Coordinator
You may also report any form of sexual misconduct to:
Mr. Bruce Lankheet
Department of Public Safety Coordinator