PreK-3 Home of the Cougars
At Cumberland Elementary School the staff, parents, and community will provide an environment in which our students will learn social and academic skills. We acknowledge the holistic nature of the individual child and will provide the assistance to help overcome conditions which may impede the child's progress.
John Dewey, an early leader in educational reform, often expressed that what the best and wisest parents want for their own child, the community must want for all its children.
What do you want for YOUR child?
At Lansing’s Cumberland Elementary School we ask ourselves that question every day. It has guided us in creating a school that reflects the hopes that all parents have for their children.
Cumberland ENGAGES the youngest student. Cumberland is not only a K-3 building, but offers the award-winning Great Start Readiness Program - a free, full day preschool program for 4-year-olds.
- Cumberland EXCELS in instruction. We collaborate on best practices, utilize assistive technologies, and commit to professional development that broadens our teaching skills.
- Cumberland EMBRACES diversity. We teach consideration and show our children how to be more accepting of one another as they grow to be neighbors in a multi-cultural society.
- Cumberland ENCOURAGES the potential in each child. We show our students how to realize their possibilities. We coach for character and require every student to be safe, respectful, and responsible.
- Cumberland EXPECTS students to succeed. Children live up to what we believe them capable of doing and there are few schools which have solicited as many community partnerships to support our kids
|Previous January 2022 Next|
No School - Martin Luther King Jr. DayDate: Jan 17Calendar: Cumberland School Calendar
(PCAC) Parent Community Advisory Council Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM(PCAC) Parent Community Advisory Council MeetingDate: Jan 26Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMLocation: Post Oak | 2320 Post Oak Ln.Cost: FreeCalendar: Cumberland School Calendar
The Parent Community Advisory Committee (PCAC) meeting will be held Wednesday, January 26, 2022 from 6:00P.M. to 8:00P.M. at Post Oak, 2320 Post Oak Ln. Free dinner and childcare will be provided. The discussion will focus on Discipline and Conflict Resolution.
No School - PD DayDate: Feb 2Calendar: Cumberland School Calendar
SEAB - Sexual Education Advisory Board 8:30 AM to 11:30 AMSEAB - Sexual Education Advisory BoardDate: Feb 9Time: 8:30 AM to 11:30 AMLocation: Online via ZoomCost: FreeCalendar: Cumberland School Calendar
Zoom meeting link - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87863026449?pwd=VmV2NVZrREZ4ZkE5d1cyRW52cE9Zdz09
No School - Presidents' DayDate: Feb 21Calendar: Cumberland School Calendar
The Bright Side Newsletter - November 2021
The Bright Side Newsletter - October, 2021
PCAC Meetings for 2021-2022
2021-2022 Student Handbook
Title IX - Sex Discrimination/Gender Equity/Sexual Harassment
What is Title IX?
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any District program, service or activity including, but not limited to: educational programs or activities, e.g., extracurricular activities, student services, academic counseling, discipline, classroom assignment, grading, athletics, transportation, etc.
Unlawful Discriminatory Practices Under Title IX
Sexual Harassment (unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature)
Sexual Misconduct/Violence (rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual exploitation and other forms of non-consensual sexual activity)
Stalking (repeatedly following, harassing, threatening or intimidating including by telephone, mail, electronic communication or social media)
Retaliation (adverse academic or other actions against anyone reporting or participating in an investigation of Title IX allegations)
Reporting Prohibited Behavior
Members of the school district community who believe that a Title IX violation may have occurred, should discuss their concerns and/or file a complaint with the District’s Title IX coordinator:
- If you are a district employee and would like to report prohibited behavior, please fill out the form on the Lansing School District Prohibited Behavior Internal Reporting Portal. (You must be logged into your Office 365 account.)
Michael E. Jones
Title IX Coordinator
You may also report any form of sexual misconduct to:
Mr. Bruce Lankheet
Department of Public Safety Coordinator