Everett Alumni and Reunion Information
Class of 1972 50th Reunion
Saturday September 17th, 2022
16460 Old U.S. 27
Lansing, MI 48906
6pm to ?
Cost- Cash bar, Food
Class of 1977 45th Reunion
Date: Saturday, August 27, 2022
Time: 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Location: Cleats Bar & Grille
Located in the Hope Sports Center
5801 N. Aurelius Rd.
Lansing, MI 48911
Buffet dinner-picnic/BBQ food
$35 per person
Everett High School History
1840's - School was conducted south of Lansing in a barn about one mile west of the corner of Holmes Road and Cedar Street.
1841 - The Roswell Everett family moved to the south Lansing area.
1850s - A frame schoolhouse was built and named the Everett School for Roswell Everett's four sons: Henry, Ransom, Cyrus, and Elmer.
1923 - Everett Elementary was built on the corner of Cedar and Holmes.
1934 - A high school was added to Everett Elementary.
1937 - The gymnasium was added to Everett School.
1939 - The lower floor of the building (attached to the gymnasium) was built for elementary classes.
1947 - An upper floor was added to the existing elementary with the intention that it would be used for the junior high classes, but a large elementary enrollment made that impossible.
1949 - Lansing annexed the land from Greenlawn to Jolly Road when Everett area residents voted to become part of the city of Lansing. Before this area was annexed, Everett was the largest rural school in the world. State law required any schools within city boundaries to automatically become part of the city school system. The Everett School did not want to join the Lansing School District. In the spring of 1950 the Michigan Supreme Court decided that the Everett School would be part of the Lansing School District.
1950 - The junior high school students from Everett School were moved from the Everett building to Lansing's Walter French. The class of 1953 was the last class to go from Kindergarten to 12th grade at Everett.
1951 - A classroom wing was added to the high school building. This addition housed art, drafting, music, and woodshop classes. Another classroom was added for speech and dramatics.
1952 - Locker rooms for both boys and girls were added to the gymnasium.
1953 - Lansing School District purchased about fifty acres of land west and south of the Everett School for the purpose of constructing a new high school.
1958 - Construction of the new high school on Stabler Street started.
1959 - Everett High School opened for fall classes. The old Everett School on Cedar Street remained open as an elementary school.
1960 - The entire new building on Stabler Street was now available for use.
1961 - Paving and landscaping were completed. Additional parcels of land were added to the site making the Everett campus fifty-seven and six one-hundredth acres. The contract for the new football stadium was let.
1962 - Centennial Stadium opened with the Everett Vikings defeating the Battle Creek Lakeview Spartans 6-0.
2006 - Everett Becomes a Magnet School for Visual and Performing Arts.
Six principals have served Everett High School since it opened:
1959 - 1970 Benjamin Leyrer
1970 - 1973 Dr. Calvin Anderson
1973 - 1984 Dr. Frank Throop
1984 - 1990 John Cook
1990 - 1995 Gary Bredahl
1995 - 2006 Dale Glynn
2006 - 2007 Susan Land
2007 - Howard Cousins
Past Everett Alumni Events
Class of 1988
The Class of 1988 will have their reunion Sept 14-15 of 2018.
Friday, September 14, 7:00 PM to Close - Friday night “Mixer.”
Art’s Pub, 809 E. Kalamazoo Street, Lansing, MI 48912
Saturday, September 15, 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM - The “BIG Event”
Causeway Bay Hotel Ballroom, 6820 S. Cedar Street, Lansing, MI 48911