Ready to join our team?
The Ebersole Center is looking for a handful of dedicated and committed individuals that are interested in part-time seasonal work. Click on the expandable tabs below to learn more about these summer opportunities. When (and if) you are interested applying there is a short online application below.
Duties and Responsibilities
These are just some of the ways that seasonal staff may be utilized this summer.
- Assist naturalist with summer programs and camps
- Support rotation activities for groups
- Prep activities and supplies for future programs
- Handle animals for animal encounters
- Assist with center tours when scheduled
- Assist with events
- Assist in planning, conducting and monitoring invasive species removal
- Participate in land management activities, including habitat restoration
- Participate in scheduled workday activities
- Perform routine trail inspection and maintenance
- Maintain gardens around buildings
- Fill and cleaning bird feeders
- Maintain program spaces around campus
- Monitor/Maintain nesting boxes
- Photograph programs, habitats, and wildlife
- Assist with cleaning including mopping, dusting, wiping windows, etc.
Work Dates and Times
We will schedule seasonal staff for the following dates. Note that while I have listed times below the times may vary slightly based on individual duties and program details. Also notice that on some days we will need as many as x4 seasonal staff and on others we will need only x2 seasonal staff. As we get closer to the summer the details of our schedule and actual work shifts will be shared.
- June 13, 14, and 15. 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. We will need x4 seasonal staff
- June 16. 9:30 AM to 7:30 PM. Mandatory training for all seasonal staff.
- June 20. 9:30 AM to 7:30 PM. We will need x4 seasonal staff.
- June 22 and 23. Times will vary (8-hour shifts). We will need x2 seasonal staff.
- June 27 and 28. Times will vary (8-hour shifts). We will need x2 seasonal staff.
- June 30. 9:30 AM to 7:30 PM. We will need x4 seasonal staff.
- July 6, 7, and 8. Times will vary (8-hour shifts). We will need x2 seasonal staff.
- July 9. 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We will need x4 seasonal staff.
- July 11-14. Times will vary (overnight excursion). We will need x2 seasonal staff.
- July 18, 19, 20, and 21. Times will vary (8-hour shifts). We will need x2 seasonal staff.
- August 1-4. Times will vary (overnight excursion). We will need x2 seasonal staff.
At this point we are offering all part-time seasonal staff $15.00 per hour. Each individual will have a separate contracted service agreement set up with the Lansing School District and will be paid every two weeks. Individuals will be responsible for logging hours on a timesheet (provided by the Ebersole Center). Those timesheets will then be submitted to the Lansing School District for processing.
Hiring Process and Timeline
We are accepting applications (see below) through 4:00 PM on May 25, 2022 (just extended). Once the application window is closed we will review fully completed applications and select candidates to invite to the center to interview. We will be conducting interviews the week of May 9-12. We intend to make offers during the week of May 16-20. If you are offered a seasonal position we will arrange for some initial (paid) training in late May or early June.
Where is the work site? All seasonal staff will be required to report to the Ebersole Center for work. The Ebersole Center is located at 3400 2nd St., Wayland, MI 49348. Click HERE to see our location on a map.
Will I have to undergo a background check? Yes. All Ebersole Center team members have to undergo an extensive background check. If offered a position candidates will complete the Lansing School District's background check form and our public safety office will complete the background investigation.
Will I be provided with the necessary training needed for any work responsibilities I am asked to undertake? Yes. The year-round Ebersole staff will provide training and ongoing support to seasonal staff for any work responsibilities they are asked to undertake.
Ebersole Center Seasonal Staff Application
The Ebersole Center is looking for a handful of dedicated and committed individuals that are interested in part-time seasonal work. If you are ready to be a part of our team this summer please complete the application below. Thank you for your interest.