The Lansing School District Board of Education approved a five year Strategic Plan in 2014. The plan was created by a committed group of parents, staff, business leaders and community members in support of a clear mission for the Lansing School District.
To accomplish our mission we will create a collaborative, high-performing, safe learning
environment that is integrated with our communities and focused on preparing students for global citizenship.
It is the mission of the Lansing School District to provide educational excellence in a safe
and nurturing environment for all students.
- All students and their families deserve a quality education.
- Staff, students, families and Lansing communities can contribute and learn from each other.
- The needs of our students are our priority.
- Learning occurs best when students are in a safe environment.
- Diversity is our strength.
- Relationships are based on respect for self and others, mutual trust and teamwork.
- Learning is essential for success in a global society.
- The Lansing School District is committed to its responsibility to deliver a quality education for career and college readiness.
All students will achieve or exceed state performance targets and graduate career and college ready.
- Improve data-driven instruction by regularly utilizing various sources, including iCollaborate, student and behavioral data.
- Create district wide coherence and improve student learning by implementing curriculum pacing guides and formative assessments.
- Identify and implement models and partnerships that will increase students’ engagement in career preparation.
The district will maintain and grow strong relationships with greater Lansing’s diverse communities, agencies, organizations, and businesses.
- Explore and expand opportunities for the greater Lansing community to engage with the district.
- Improve communication with Lansing’s diverse communities, including translation into a other languages.
- Explore and expand opportunities for grants, donations, and partnerships in order to increase learning options for students.
- Explore and identify approaches that will significantly increase positive family engagement.
The district will provide a safe and nurturing learning environment.
- Identify and adopt models for improving school climate and culture that include professional learning and problem-solving approaches.
- Implement programs and protocols that will significantly reduce behavior referrals and out-of-school suspensions.
- Implement programs, policies, and protocols that will significantly improve district morale and community perception of the district.
- Implement behavior prevention, intervention, and intervention, and supports in all schools.
The district will identify, improve and implement effective and efficient support systems.
- Complete a successful bond campaign in order to improve and reconfigure the district’s facilities and provide students with 21st Century learning environments.
- Update and/or replace outdated technology in order to provide students and staff with 21st Century learning tools.
- Develop and implement rewards and consequences in order to reduce staff absenteeism.
- Maximize personnel resources by maximizing staffing efficiencies.
The district will monitor and adjust resources in order to maintain and improve financial stability.
- Update district infrastructure by implementing technology solutions to improve efficiencies in finance, human resources, and student information management systems.
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing student enrollment.
- Identify and implement strategies that will increase the district’s fund balance.