Japanese Language & Culture 日本語
Creating Global Leaders
Our mission is to provide innovative educational opportunities through meaningful and stimulating academic experiences and study abroad programs that enrich students' lives and encourage them to become productive global citizens, leaders in business and academia and life-long learners.
- Learn to communication in Japanese
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the Japanese culture
- Connect their learning of the Japanese language to other core subjects
- Use various forms of technology to acquire the Japanese language
- Participate in engaging activities that relate to real-life tasks
- Show evidence of becoming life-long learners
Why Learn Japanese?
- Japanese has one of the largest economics in the world
- Knowing Japanese brings business opportunities
- People who learn Japanese are very marketable to colleges and employers
- Japan has a large influence on American pop culture
- Learning a foreign language activates parts of the brain not that are normally used and increases cognitive skills and overall intelligence - you can even increase the size of your brain!
- Students of the Japanese language can travel, make friends, and create opportunities
Japanese classes are available at Everett High School and Sexton High School. For more information, please contact one of the following:
Dawn Stark Everett High School
Christine Kelly Everett High School
Larry Neuhardt Sexton High School