2022-23 School Application & Magnet Lottery Timeline
|Federal mandate requires Magnet schools to process applications through a random lottery. The lottery system allows for equitable opportunities to enroll in schools giving weighted priorities for socioeconomic status, current sibling attendees, parent employees and Magnet theme articulation.
Apply for any school by
||Main Round Lottery
||Late Round Lottery
|May 3 - August 5*
||Within 10 days starting after May 9
||Placements determined on a first come, first served basis.
*This is the last date for current students to apply to change schools. After this date existing students will have to wait until the transfer widow opens for second semester. New students to the district can continue to apply after the August 5th date.
Click here for more information about our Magnet School offerings.
Here's what you'll need to enroll.
- Birth Certificate (original)
- Immunization Record
- Verification of Address (must be current, only 1 required):
- Utility Bill (water, electric, waste, etc.) with service address listed
- Lease Agreement
- Rent Receipt (signed with property address)
- Mortgage Statement
- Cable Bill with service address listed
- Internet Bill with service address listed
- Proof of Residency Affidavit
- Parent/Guardian Identification
- Guardianship Documentation
- Choice Form
- Custody Documents
- Suitable Home Form
- Transcript (7-12) and Exit Grades from previous school
Please Note: Missing documentation may delay the enrollment of your student