Jeff Vanderlaan, Director of Technology
The Mission of the Lansing School District, relative to technology, is to facilitate educational excellence through the proper use and integration of technology in instructional and business practices.
If you have a question or comment for the Technology Department, please click here to submit.
Technology Forms and Info
eFinance Training Documentation
**Attention: Hardware & Software Purchases**
The technology department reserves to the right to refuse support for any hardware or software that does not meet approved specifications. We are in the process of updating the prices for the Laptop and Mini-Laptop. For more information, please contact the Technology Department (x2850).
Dell Opitiplex 7080SFF
Dell Optiplex 3080MFF micro - coming soon
Bretford CUBE Cart, up to 32 17" laptops/Chromebooks
iPad 8th gen 32GB single with a case
iPad 8th gen 128GB single with a case
iPad 8th gen 32GB 10 packs with cases
iPad 8th gen 128GB 10 packs with cases
iPad Pro (11 inch) 128GB single (3rd Gen)
iPad Pro (11 inch) 128GB 10 packs (3rd Gen)
Extreme Folio for iPad 5 - Please call us for a quote.
Guardian for iPad 5 - Please call us for a quote.
Protective for iPad 5 - Please call us for a quote.
Protective for iPad 7
Large B&W - HP LaserJet Ent M608n
Small B&W - HP LaserJet Pro 404dn
Large Color - HP Color LaserJet Ent M553dn
Small Color - HP Color LaserJet Pro M454
Large Color – HP Color LaserJet MFP M479dn
On April 1st, 2013 the district will switch to a new email program, Office 365.
Here are some key points you may wish to know:
- Email address—you will keep your present email address
- Inbox size—you will have 25G of space vs the 500Mg you presently have
- Cost savings—This email program is offered free to educational institutions, saving our district license, software, and maintenance agreement costs.
- Groupwise email—The district will not be moving your present emails into the new system. Directions will be provided if you wish to so this. Groupwise emails will be available until June 30th for your review.
Welcome to Microsoft Office 365 for Lansing School District
The directions below and several helpful resources have been included to help you get the most out of Office 365.
Sign in for the first time
Your account is ready to go. Just sign in, register your account and you'll be up and running.
IMPORTANT: You can log into your account today, but you will be unable to send and receive email until Monday, April 1.
- Go to https://outlook.com/lansingschools.net
- Use the following credentials to sign in:
- User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org (ID’s are the same as the CIMS or GW login ID’s, you must include the @lansingschools.net when signing in)
- Password: pass12345 (Password is pass + your 5-digit employee ID #)
- Click Sign in.
- Complete the account registration by verifying your account information. If you forget your password, this information will help verify your identity.
Tip: Add https://outlook.com/lansingschools.net to your favorites list to make it easy to sign in.
Change your password
A temporary password is created for you to sign in for the first time, but we recommend that you change this password as soon as possible.
Get help setting up your email
To quickly connect to your new email account, see the Email Setup Wizard
Get help with the Outlook Web App
Go to Outlook Web App for help on using your new account.
Office 365 Sign In
Office 365 Update - Additional support instructions
Address Book Migration
Email Migration Instructions
Office 365 Login Instructions
Using your iPad for Office 365 email
Creating a group in Outlook
Sharing a group in Outlook
Time Zone Set-up